In Episode 13, we have Tracy Brown as a guest to discuss Principle 7: Cope with Your Emotions without Using Food. In our conversation today, Tracy shares some of her own journey to food freedom and becoming a dietitian, why simply knowing the facts about nutrition doesn’t always create change, the neurobiology of trauma, techniques to help ground yourself toward safety, and so much more. I learned so much from Tracy in this conversation and found myself taking notes to come back to and learn in my spare time.
- Intuitive Eating book *
- Intuitive Eating Workbook *
- Tracy’s Website for Clients
- Tracy’s Website for Practitioners
- Tracy’s Facebook & Instagram
- Non-Diet Counseling Skills Course
- Advanced Counseling Skills Course
- Information on Polyvagal Theory
- Information on Window of Tolerance
- What physical sensations do you experience when you are feeling different emotions? (ie. happiness, sadness, anxiety, stress, fatigue)
- What are some ways that you can address difficult emotions besides food?
- What are some ways that you can care for yourself physically? Emotionally? Socially?
Tracy is a somatic nutrition therapist, registered licensed dietitian and attuned eating coach in private practice providing in-person, phone and online counseling since 2006. She is based in Florida.
Sponsors for this Episode
- Daily Harvest: Use code SPILLINGTHEBEANS at checkout for $25 OFF your FIRST BOX.
- Anchor: Download the free Anchor app or go to Anchor.fm to get started
*Amazon Affiliate links